Thursday, July 22, 2010

Yearbooks revisited


For those that may have looked at the Yearbooks post and have been interested in the 1907 book but put off at the format provided by the site (I obviously was), I have taken the liberty of creating a PDF (so that I can read it on my iPad) and I make it available for you, dear reader, to download at BlueWhite.pdf [20.51MB] (for the next 3 days). It makes for interesting reading as a snapshot of the times. Some of the content make shock the younger reader that is not familiar with how common words like 'nigger' and suchlike were used, but read it with the times in mind. The students come across as cruel at times but essentially honest in their appraisals of each other. There is a palpable sense of camaraderie in the stories and pictures of the medical students and I found it to be a fascinating documentation of the times.

No comments:

Post a Comment